Hospice Care Network integrates volunteers in all aspects of its programs.
Patient Support Volunteer Opportunities
- Provide practical help for overburdened families
- Offer respite relief to allow caregivers a few hours “off”
- Read, write, listen or sit by the side of a person who is on our program
- Hairdressers/barbers can donate their skills
- Act as a friendly visitor
- Become members of HCN’s Speakers’ Bureau
- Provide assistance to Office Staff with clerical assignments
- Utilize computer skills
- Attend to special projects
- Donate time as part of school projects
- Utilize their knowledge, such as computer skills, to assist with office projects
- Become a Lollipop Leader – these volunteers are trained to work with children, assisting the children’s bereavement department with groups, being a buddy, and working with arts and crafts.