Provides counseling services to bereaved family members of hospice patients and the general community.
- Assesses bereaved clients and provides program orientation.
- Collaborates with healthcare team members to develop and implement client plan of care.
- Conducts individual, group and family counseling sessions.
- Serves as a liaison to referral sources to facilitate continuity of care.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here but considered related are not essential functions.
Job Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree required.
- Current license to practice as a Master Social Worker, or Current License to practice as a Clinical Social Worker in New York State, or Current License to practice as a Mental Health Counselor in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- One to three years of technical experience, required.
Job Profile Requirements
LIC – Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or LIC – Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or LIC- Licensed Mental Health Counsel (LMHC)
EDULVL – Master’s Degree
Please email your resume to: Hospice_HR@northwell.edu